- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Greek Islands
Gennadius Library Review
Book lovers who ascend the grand staircase into the hallowed aura of the Reading Room may have difficulty tearing themselves away from this superb collection of material on Greek subjects, from first editions of Greek classics to the papers of Nobel Laureate poets George Seferis and Odysseus Elytis. The library's collection includes Lord Byron's memorabilia (including a lock of his hair); Heinrich Schliemann's diaries, notebooks, and letters; impressionistic watercolors of Greece by Edward Lear; and the first edition printed in Greek of Homer's Iliad and Odyssey. The Gennadius is not a lending library (first-time users, usually scholars, must apply for a library card).
- Address: Souidias 61, Kolonaki, Athens, 10676 | Map It
- Phone: 210/721–0536
- Hours: Sept.–June, Mon.–Wed. and Fri. 9–5, Thurs. 9–8, Sat. 9–2; check with reception for special hours during July and Aug.
- Website: www.ascsa.edu.gr
- Metro Evangelismos.
- Location: Syntagma Square to Kolonaki
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more