- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Greek Islands
Flea Market Review
Here is where the chaos, spirit, and charm of Athens turn into a feast for the senses. The Sunday-morning market has combined sight, sound, and scent into a strangely alluring little world where everything is for sale: 1950s-era scuba masks, old tea sets, antique sewing machines, old tobacco tins, gramophone needles, old matchboxes, army uniforms, and lacquered eggs. Haggle, no matter how low the price.
- Address: Along Ifestou, Kynetou, and Adrianou street, Monastiraki, Athens, 10555
- Metro Monastiraki.
- Location: The Ancient Agora, Monastiraki, and Thission
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
I am trying to plan a trip to Greece with a stop in Turkey and Italy- I am going May12 landing in Athens May 13,2014 and returning to USA June 2,2014. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more