- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Greek Islands
Orizontes Lycabettus Review
Have a seat on the terrace atop Mt. Lycabettus: the Acropolis glitters below, and beyond, Athens unfolds like a map out to the Saronic Gulf. It's tough for the dining experience to compete with such a view, although this mostly seafood restaurant has a decent kitchen and better than decent service. Best bets include the chicken with artichokes and mushrooms in a lime sauce, or the grouper cheeks with risotto in a lemon sauce. For dessert, try the Greek version of walnut pie, karydopita. Remember that no road goes this high: the restaurant is reached by cable car (the ticket price of €7 is deductible from your restaurant bill).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more