- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Greek Islands
At a Glance
- perfect central location
- easy access to transport, to Plaka and the pretty National Garden
- on a busy thoroughfare, internet in rooms for a fee
Check Rates from our Partners
Amalia Hotel Review
The central location and competitive prices are the main attractions here for most visitors—while located right on one of Athens's biggest, busiest streets, directly across from Parliament, double-glazed windows (fortunately) and a view to the pretty National Garden keep things peaceful inside. The newly remodeled guest rooms are fresh and inviting, there is a rich buffet breakfast, and the hotel is very close to transport: the airport shuttle is next door, the metro and tram just a few steps away.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more