- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Greek Islands
At a Glance
- comfortable rooms
- friendly staff
- located in a pretty, low-key neighborhood
- great value for money
- no free Wi-Fi in the rooms
- small elevator
Check Rates from our Partners
Acropolis Select Review
For only €10 more than many basic budget options, you get to stay in a slick-looking hotel with a lobby full of designer furniture in the residential neighborhood of Koukaki, south of Filopappou Hill, a 10-minute walk from the Acropolis, so not quite in the center of things. Bright, comfortable guest rooms—some of them recently renovated—have cheery yellow paintings and relaxing earthly hues. Similar in color choice, the dramatic restaurant has daffodil-color walls and contemporary, scroll-back chairs in tomato red. About a dozen rooms look toward the Acropolis: ask for Rooms 401–405 for the best views.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Better late then never, I am finally trying to get my act together and sit down to write this trip report. Read more
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
We are planning a trip in July ( planning late i know)
We are looking at 3 countries in 4 weeks , possible?
Anyone have a similar itinerary?
including major attractions,
any help would be greatly Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more