Nightlife & the Arts in Athens
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
From ancient Greek tragedies in quarried amphitheaters to the chicest dance clubs, Athens rocks at night. Several of the former industrial districts are enjoying a renaissance, and large spaces have filled up with galleries, restaurants, and theaters—providing one-stop shopping for an evening's entertainment. The Greek weekly Athinorama covers current performances, gallery openings, and films, as do the English-language newspapers Athens News (published Friday), and Kathimerini, inserted in the International Herald Tribune (available Monday through Saturday). The monthly English-language magazine Insider has features and listings on entertainment in Athens, with a focus on the arts. Odyssey, a glossy bimonthly magazine, also publishes an annual summer guide in late June, sold at newsstands around Athens with the season's top performances and exhibitions. You can also “tune in” to the regular English reports on municipal station Athens International Web Radio for what's happening around town; click for Athens International Radio on their Web site (www.athina984.gr).
Browse Athens Nightlife
Browse Athens Nightlife By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's