Staff at the smaller offices might not speak English. Many offices keep shorter hours than normal businesses, and you can expect some to close during weekday lunch hours and as early as noon on Friday. Almost all German cities and towns have an Internet presence under www.cityname.de, for example, www.naumburg.de. The Internet portal Deutschland.de has lots of information about the country's best-known sights, as well as those that are often overlooked.
German National Tourist Office (212/661-7200. www.germany.travel.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Northern Germany Experience IExplore
- Gems of Germany North IExplore
- Southern Germany Experience — $4,104 IExplore
- Gems of Germany South — $17,215 IExplore
- Gems of Germany North — $22,075 IExplore