- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Würzburg is on a main line of the superfast ICE Intercity Express trains, two hours from Munich and a bit more than an hour from Frankfurt. Most attractions in the old part of town are easily reached on foot. There's a bus to take you to Marienberg Castle up on the hill across the river. A car is the best means of transport if you want to continue your journey, but you can also use regional trains and buses.
One-hour guided strolls (in English) through the Old Town start at the Haus zum Falken tourist office and take place from mid-June to mid-September, daily at 6:30 pm. Tickets (€5) can be purchased from the guide. If you'd rather guide yourself, pick up a map from the same tourist office and follow the extremely helpful directions marked throughout the city by distinctive signposts.
The Würzburger Schiffstouristik Kurth & Schiebe operates excursions. A wine tasting (€8) is offered as you glide past the vineyards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's