- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
Würzburg Golf Club. Visitors are welcome to play the 9-hole course at the Würzburg Golf Club. Take B-19 out of town in the direction of Bad Mergentheim. There's a sign marking the exit for the golf club on the right. Am Golfplatz 2, Würzburg, 97084. 0931/67890. www.golfclub-wuerzburg.de. May-Sept., 9-6 daily; April and Oct., 10-5 daily; Nov.-March, Tues.-Sun., 11-3.
Stein-Wein-Pfad. Wine lovers and hikers should visit the Stein-Wein-Pfad, a signposted trail through the vineyards that rises up from the northwest edge of Würzburg. A two-hour round-trip affords stunning views of the city as well as the chance to try the excellent local wines directly at the source. From May through mid-October, join the guided tour of the wineries every other Saturday for €7, which includes a glass of the local wine.
Weingut am Stein, Ludwig Knoll. The starting point for the Stein-Wein-Pfad walk is the vineyard of Weingut am Stein, Ludwig Knoll, 10 minutes on foot from the main railway station. Mittlerer Steinbergweg 5, Würzburg, 97080. 0931/25808. www.weingut-am-stein.de.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $78-$86 -- Berlin: Central Suite Hotel thru Summer, 40% Off Suite Novotel Berlin City Potsdamer Platz
- Northern Germany Experience IExplore
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
- Gems of Germany North IExplore
- Southern Germany Experience — $4,104 IExplore