- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Getting Here and Around
To get to Ulm from Augsburg, take Highway A-8 west or take a 40-minute ride on one of the superfast ICE (Intercity Express) trains that run to Ulm every hour.
The tourist office's 90-minute tour includes a visit to the Münster, the Old Town Hall, the Fischerviertel (Fishermen's Quarter), and the Danube riverbank. The departure point is the tourist office (Stadthaus) on Münsterplatz; the cost is €6. From May to mid-October you can view Ulm from aboard the motor cruiser Ulmer Spatz. There are 50-minute cruises at 2 and 3 daily (€8). The boats tie up at the Metzgerturm, a two-minute walk from the town hall.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe