- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Getting Here and Around
To get to Ulm from Augsburg, take Highway A-8 west or take a 40-minute ride on one of the superfast ICE (Intercity Express) trains that run to Ulm every hour.
The tourist office's 90-minute tour includes a visit to the Münster, the Old Town Hall, the Fischerviertel (Fishermen's Quarter), and the Danube riverbank. The departure point is the tourist office (Stadthaus) on Münsterplatz; the cost is €6. From May to mid-October you can view Ulm from aboard the motor cruiser Ulmer Spatz. There are 50-minute cruises at 2 and 3 daily (€8). The boats tie up at the Metzgerturm, a two-minute walk from the town hall.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3 Nts in Augsburg this May Fr $175+/Nt Save with Expedia, $30/night less
- $146 & Up: Augusta 3.5-Star Hotel in Augsburg Expedia
- Book 3-Star BEST WESTERN Dasing-Augsburg in Augsburg Fr $101+/Nt — $101 Expedia