- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The easiest way to get here is by car. There are large parking lots just outside the town wall. You can also come by the Romantic Road bus from Augsburg via Donauwörth, Nördlingen, and Dinkelsbühl with a layover if you want. By local train it takes about 2½ hours from Augsburg with two train changes. All attractions within the walled town can easily be reached on foot. The costumed night watchman conducts a nightly tour of the town, leading the way with a lantern. From Easter to December a one-hour tour in English begins at 8 pm and costs €6 (a 90-minute daytime tour begins at 2 pm). All tours start at the Marktplatz (Market Square). Private group tours with the night watchman can be arranged through www.nightwatchman.de.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's