- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At the old walled town of Donauwörth, 28 km (17 mi) southeast of Nördlingen, the Wörnitz River meets the Danube. If you're driving, pull off into the clearly marked lot on B–25, just north of town. Below you sprawls a striking natural relief map of Donauwörth and its two rivers.
Käthe-Kruse-Puppen-Museum. Donauwörth is the home of the famous Käthe Kruse dolls, beloved for their sweet looks and frilly, floral outfits. You can buy them at several outlets in town, and they have their own museum, where more than 130 examples dating from 1912 are displayed in a renovated monastery building. Pflegstr. 21a, Donauwörth, 86609. 0906/789–170. www.museen.de/kaethe-kruse-puppen-museum-donauwoerth.html. €2.50. Tues.-Sun.: May-Sep., 11-5; Apr.&Oct, 2-5; Weekends & Wed. only: Nov.-Mar., 2-5.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Two farm kid high school sweethearts celebrate 35 years of marriage in Europe. Read more
I attended the opening of the Nuremberg Christkindlsmarkt yesterday evening. Read more
Is it customary to leave a gratuity for the chambermaids in Europe? Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more