The Romantic Road Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
The Romantic Road Restaurant Reviews
During peak season, restaurants along the Romantic Road tend to be crowded, especially in the larger towns. You may want to plan your mealtimes around visits to smaller villages, where there are fewer people and the restaurants are often more low-key. The food will be more basic Franconian or Swabian, but it will also be generally less expensive than in the well-known towns, and it might also be locally sourced. You may find that some of the small, family-run restaurants close around 2 pm, or whenever the last lunch guests have left, and then open again at 5 or 5:30 pm. Some serve cold cuts or coffee and cake during that time, but no hot food.
Browse The Romantic Road Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's