- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
The red roofs and turrets of this small town fit in well with the famous castles nearby. The town is easily toured on foot; its tidy, meandering streets and small squares are filled with cafés, restaurants, and shops. Füssen is at the foot of the mountains that separate Bavaria from the Austrian Tyrol; the Lech River, which accompanies much of this section of the Romantic Road, embraces the town as it rushes northward.
Füssen at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Romantic Road
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's