The Romantic Road Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Neuschwanstein: Walt Disney may have spread the word about this castle, but the sight of the original, rising up against its theatrical backdrop of green mountainside, speaks for itself.
Rothenburg-ob-der-Tauber: Patrol the city walls with the night watchman, explore the streets in the morning light (perfect for photos), then get out of town before the tour buses arrive.
Wieskirche: A slight detour off the Romantic Road, this "Church of the Meadow" is a rococo jewel.
Ulm's Münster: It takes 768 steps to reach the top of the highest church steeple in the world, but the incredible view is worth the effort.
Wurzburg's Residenz: The best artists of the 18th century, including Neumann and Tiepolo, helped create the lavishly ostentatious palace.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe