- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Café Van den Daele
Café Van den Daele Review
One of Aachen's most beloved cafés, Van den Daele (also known as Alt Aachener Kaffeestuben) is worth a visit if for nothing more than its atmosphere and tempting aromas. Some of the best Aachener Printen (gingerbread) can be found here, as can another tasty Aachen specialty, Reisfladen (a sort of tart filled with milk rice and often topped with fruit—often pears, apricots, or cherries). The café can also mail its goods to you (or others) back home.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Our 40th Anniversary Trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 3, Trains
We used the Deutche Bahn (DB) rail system throughout our vacation. Read more
Hello everyone, I had so much help for my Italy trip, I am back for my Germany trip... Although will end up in Greece at the end of it, but first things first...
Basics: husband and myself, 3 weeks in total, Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more