- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Schloss Stolzenfels Review
On the outskirts of Koblenz, the neo-Gothic towers of Schloss Stolzenfels come into view. The castle's origins date to the mid-13th century, when the archbishop of Trier sought to counter the influence (and toll rights) of the archbishop of Mainz, who had just built Burg Lahneck, a castle at the confluence of the Lahn and Rhine rivers. Its superbly furnished period rooms and beautiful gardens are well worth a visit. From B-9 (curbside parking) it's about a 15-minute walk to the castle entrance.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Two farm kid high school sweethearts celebrate 35 years of marriage in Europe. Read more
I attended the opening of the Nuremberg Christkindlsmarkt yesterday evening. Read more
Sorry to repeat the perennial question regarding topdeck vs busabout but I am really struggling to decide between these two as I only have about 14 days to travel around Europe in May/June 2014.
The topdeck Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across... Read more
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's... Read more
Come January, American Airlines will introduce brand-new premium Airbus A321 planes on its transcontinental... Read more