- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Johann Lafer's Stromburg
Johann Lafer's Stromburg Review
It's a pretty 15-minute drive through the Binger Wald (Bingen Forest) to this luxurious castle hotel and restaurant overlooking Stromberg. Johann Lafer is a prolific chef who pioneered cooking shows in Germany. In the elegant Val d'Or the Variationen (medley) of foie gras and the Hirschrücken mit Rosenkohl (venision with Brussels sprouts) are classics. The less formal Bistro d'Or serves tasty regional dishes. The wine list features some 200 top Nahe wines and several hundred Old and New World wines, with a particularly fine collection from Bordeaux and Burgundy.
- Address: Am Schlossberg 1, 12 km (7½ mi) west of Bingerbrück via Weiler and Waldalgesheim Stromberg, 55442 | Map It
- Phone: 06724/93100
- Website: www.johannlafer.de/stromburg
- Location: Bingen
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Le Val d'Or closed Mon. and Tues. No lunch weekdays.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Our 40th Anniversary Trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 3, Trains
We used the Deutche Bahn (DB) rail system throughout our vacation. Read more
We will be arriving from USA at 9:30 am on a Wednesday. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more