Poppelsdorfer Schloss (Poppelsdorf Palace)
Poppelsdorfer Schloss (Poppelsdorf Palace) Review
This former electors' palace, built in the baroque style between 1715 and 1753, now houses the university's mineralogical collection. Its botanical gardens are home to 12,000 species, among the largest variety in Germany.
- Address: Meckenheimer Allee 171, Bonn, 53115 | Map It
- Phone: 0228/732–764
- Cost: Mineralogical collection €2.50; botanical garden free during week, Sun. €2
- Hours: Mineralogical collection: Wed. and Fri. 3–6, Sun. 10–5. Botanical garden: Apr.–Oct., Sun.–Wed. and Fri. 10–6, Thurs. 10–8; Nov.–Mar., weekdays 10–4.
- Website: www.steinmann.uni-bonn.de/museen; www.botgart.uni-bonn.de
- Location: Bonn
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's