The Rhineland Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Drachenfels: This dramatic castle in Königswintur crowns a high hill overlooking the Rhine.
Fastnacht: Germany's Fastnacht (Carnival festivities) culminate with huge parades, round-the clock music, and dancing in Düsseldorf, Köln, and Mainz the week before Ash Wednesday.
Rhine in flames: These massive displays of fireworks take place the first Saturday in May in Linz–Bonn; the first Saturday in July in Bingen–Rüdesheim; the second Saturday in August in Koblenz; the second Saturday in September in Oberwesel; and the third Saturday in September in St. Goar.
The romance of the Rhine: From cruises to Rhine-view rooms, castles to terraced vineyards, the Rhine does not disappoint.
Spectacular wine: The light white wines of the Rhine and Mosel are distinctive, and a whole culinary tradition has grown up around them.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's