Hotel–Restaurant Zur Krone
At a Glance
- quiet location
- friendly atmosphere
- great food
- a detour off the Wine Road (about a half-hour drive)
- not many activities in the surrounding area
Hotel–Restaurant Zur Krone Review
Behind a simple facade is this inn, with modern facilities, upscale and tasteful furnishings, an open fireplace perfect for cold winters, and, above all, a warm welcome from the Kuntz family. In the hotel's Michelin-starred restaurant, chef Karl-Emil Kuntz prepares a set menu with French/Mediterranean touches ($$$, reservations essential). Terrines and parfaits are favorites, as is the homemade goat cheese. The same kitchen team also serves regional specialties at the Pfälzer Stube ($$–$$$). The wine list is excellent. The hotel's in Hayna, a suburb of Herxheim 20 km (12 mi) east of Bad Bergzabern via B-427.
- Address: Hauptstr. 62–64, Herxheim-Hayna, 76863 | Map It
- Phone: 07276/5080
- Website: www.hotelkrone.de
- Location: Bad Bergzabern
- 66 rooms, 8 suites
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Restaurant Zur Krone closed Mon. and Tues., 1st 2 wks in Jan., and 3 wks in Aug. No lunch.
View deals in The Pfalz and Rhine Terrace for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More