- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Hotel–Restaurant Zur Krone
At a Glance
- quiet location
- friendly atmosphere
- great food
- a detour off the Wine Road (about a half-hour drive)
- not many activities in the surrounding area
Hotel–Restaurant Zur Krone Review
Behind a simple facade is this inn, with modern facilities, upscale and tasteful furnishings, an open fireplace perfect for cold winters, and, above all, a warm welcome from the Kuntz family. In the hotel's Michelin-starred restaurant, chef Karl-Emil Kuntz prepares a set menu with French/Mediterranean touches ($$$, reservations essential). Terrines and parfaits are favorites, as is the homemade goat cheese. The same kitchen team also serves regional specialties at the Pfälzer Stube ($$–$$$). The wine list is excellent. The hotel's in Hayna, a suburb of Herxheim 20 km (12 mi) east of Bad Bergzabern via B-427.
- Address: Hauptstr. 62–64, Herxheim-Hayna, 76863 | Map It
- Phone: 07276/5080
- Website: www.hotelkrone.de
- Location: Bad Bergzabern
- 66 rooms, 8 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Restaurant Zur Krone closed Mon. and Tues., 1st 2 wks in Jan., and 3 wks in Aug. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Two farm kid high school sweethearts celebrate 35 years of marriage in Europe. Read more
I attended the opening of the Nuremberg Christkindlsmarkt yesterday evening. Read more
Hi I need some help planning an itinerary for 3 families travelling to Europe for 6 weeks in 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more
Intergalactic photos of unbelievably beautiful star formations and swirling clouds above Earth's surface... Read more
The week after Thanksgiving means it's time to kick your planning mode into high gear.... Read more