- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- beautiful vineyard views
- good restaurant
- room decor a bit old-fashioned
- no Wi-Fi in rooms, only DSL
Check Rates from our Partners
Alte Rebschule Review
Fireside seating in the lobby lounge and spacious rooms (all with a balcony) make for a pleasant, peaceful stay in this former Rebschule (vine nursery) on the edge of the forest. The prices include a breakfast buffet, four-course dinner, and use of the sauna, steam room, pool, and gym. The restaurant ($$) serves light, seasonal cuisine with Asian and Mediterranean accents. Themed excursions (wine, culture, nature) are available, as are health and wellness treatments. Rhodt proper is a 15-minute walk from the hotel. Be sure to take a stroll along Theresienstrasse with its venerable old chestnut trees. It's one of the most picturesque lanes of the Pfalz.
- Address: 3 km (2 miles) west of Schloss Villa Ludwigshöhe, Theresienstr. 200, Rhodt u. Rietburg, 76835 | Map It
- Phone: 06323/70440
- Website: www.alte-rebschule.de
- Location: Schloss Villa Ludwigshöhe
- 34 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Our 40th Anniversary Trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 3, Trains
We used the Deutche Bahn (DB) rail system throughout our vacation. Read more
Due to unavoidable circumstances our trip to Prague and Munich was called off last May. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more