- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
The restaurant and vinothek of Herbert Nikola, an expert on Pfälzer wines and festivals, is on the eastern edge of town. Italian tiles and whitewashed walls give it a light, airy Mediterranean look—much on the menu reflects the same culture. The focus, however, is on top-quality Pfälzer specialties and wines, 200 of which (from about 40 estates) are featured; 120 are available by the glass.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- German Holidays! Flights to Frankfurt From 565 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book in Frankfurt: Save at the Fair Europaallee in May Fr $85+/Nt Expedia
- Frankfurt Savings! Book at Lindner Congress Frankfurt Fr $200+/Nt Save with Expedia, $107/night less
- Save at 4-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Frankfurt Fr $1012 Expedia
- Visit Frankfurt with Avalon Waterways! 11 Nts Fr $3,731 Expedia
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
We just returned from a relatively quick eight-day holiday break to Berlin, Dresden and Prague and are trying to get going on a trip report while things are still fresh in mind.
I’ve Read more
We are planning a driving holiday for 7 days in southern Germany with our 6 month old son.
Our plan is to drive from Munich -> Fussen (2 nights) -> Rothenburg (2 nights) -> Wurzburg -> Bamburg Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more