The Pfalz and Rhine Terrace Sights

Advertisement

Synagogue

Synagogue Review

This first synagogue in Worms was built in 1034, rebuilt in 1175, and expanded in 1213 with a building for women. Destroyed in 1938, it was rebuilt in 1961 using as much of the original masonry as had survived. It is located in the Jewish quarter, which is along the town wall between Martinspforte and Friesenspitze and between Judengasse and Hintere Judengasse.

    Contact Information

  • Address: Hintere Judeng., Worms, 67547 | Map It
  • Hours: Apr.–Oct., daily 10–12:30 and 1:30–5; Nov.–Mar., daily 10–noon and 2–4; closed during services
  • Location: Worms
Updated: 11-14-2013

Fodorite Reviews

Be the first to review this property

Advertisement

· Map of Synagogue

Map of



Travel Deals
Forums