- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Oppenheim is slightly off the beaten path, making it an ideal destination if you’re looking to avoid the hordes of tourists that often descend on the Wine Road in mid-summer.
The Katharinenkirche is the obvious crown of Oppenheim, but the picturesque Altstadt also hides a mysterious gem: the Oppenheimer Kellerlabyrinth, a 40-km, five-level-deep, underground passageway system. Tours cost €7.50; contact the Oppenheim Tourist Office in advance for tickets.
Oppenheim at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Pfalz and Rhine Terrace
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's