- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Oppenheim is slightly off the beaten path, making it an ideal destination if you're looking to avoid the hordes of tourists that often descend on the Wine Road in mid-summer.
The Katharinenkirche is the obvious crown of Oppenheim, but the picturesque Altstadt also hides a mysterious gem: the Oppenheimer Kellerlabyrinth, a 40-km, five-level deep underground passageway system. Tours cost €6; contact the Oppenheim Tourist Office for tickets.
Oppenheim at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Pfalz and Rhine Terrace
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- German Holidays! Flights to Frankfurt From 565 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book 3-Star Muenchner Hof in Frankfurt Fr $79+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Frankfurt this May Fr $86+/Nt Save with Expedia, $21/night less
- 4-Star Frankfurt Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1003 Expedia
- Visit Frankfurt with Avalon Waterways! 11 Nts Fr $3,731 Expedia