- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
The best way to travel is by car. The autobahn network serves Hanau, Fulda, Kassel, Göttingen, and Bremen directly, but you can't savor the fairy-tale country from this high-speed superhighway. Bremen is 60 km (35 mi) northwest of Hannover.
The Fairy-Tale Road incorporates one of Germany's loveliest scenic drives, the Wesertalstrasse, or Weser Valley Road (B-80 and B-83), between Hannoversch-Münden and Hameln; total mileage is approximately 103 km (64 mi).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's