- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
The eight boats of Flotte Weser operate short summer excursions along a considerable stretch of the Weser River between Bremen and Bad Karlshafen. The trip between Corvey and Bad Karlshafen, for example, takes slightly less than three hours and costs €14.
Rehbein-Linie Kassel operates a service from Kassel to Bad Karlshafen. It also prides itself on the only "three-river tour" in the area. In a single trip you travel on the Fulda and Werra rivers and also on the river formed when these two meet at the tour's starting point of Hannoversch-Münden, the Weser. One of the company's three boats, the Deutschland, has a bowling alley aboard. Personenschifffahrt K. & K. Söllner has two excursion boats plying between Kassel and Hannoversch-Münden.
Flotte Weser (Am Stockhof 2, Hameln, 31785. 05151/939–999. www.flotte-weser.de.)
Personenschiffahrt K. & K. Söllner (Die Schlagd, Kassel, 34125. 0561/774–670. www.personenschiffahrt.com/kassel/route.html.)
Rehbein-Linie Kassel (Ostpreussenstr. 8, Fuldatal, 34233. 0561/18505. www.fahrgastschiffahrt.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's