- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Overshadowed by Sababurg's claim to Sleeping Beauty's castle and Bodenwerder's Baron von Münchhausen, Höxter's connection to a fairy tale is limited to a small Hansel and Gretel fountain in the middle of town. One of the bigger towns in the Weser valley, its appeal instead lies in its Rathaus, a perfect example of the Weser Renaissance style, and proximity to the impressive Reichsabtei Corvey, which lies a short drive away.
Höxter at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Fairy-Tale Road
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe