The Fairy-Tale Road Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Weser Valley Road: Drive or bike the scenic highway between Hannoversch-Münden and Hameln: a landscape of green hills, Weser Renaissance towns, and inviting riverside taverns.
Marburg: Staircase streets and university students climb the steep hillsides of this half-timber town; sit outdoors and soak up the atmosphere.
Bremen: Browse the shops and galleries lining the picturesque Böttcherstrasse and Schnoorviertel, then savor the city's rich coffee tradition.
Dornröschenschloss Sababurg: The supposed inspiration for Sleeping Beauty's castle, Dornröschenschloss's spiral staircases, imposing turrets, and fairy-tale setting will delight lovers of the tale.
Schlosspark Wilhelmshöhe: Home to a stunning, crescent-moon palace and a fairy-tale castle, the park's trees, ponds, and wide-open spaces offer a dramatic contrast to the urbanity below.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe