- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Most of the larger tourist centers have city tours with English-speaking guides. The Bodensee is a paradise for bike travelers, with hundreds of miles of well-signposted paths that keep riders safe from cars. You can go on your own or enjoy the comfort of a customized tour with accommodations and baggage transport (including rental bike, if need be). Wine-tasting tours are available in Überlingen, Konstanz, and Meersburg. Call the local tourist offices for information. Zeppelin tours operated by the DZR (Deutsche Zeppelin Reederei) are not cheap (sightseeing trips cost €200–€745), but they do offer a special feel and a reminder of the grand old days of flight. The zeppelins depart from the airport in Friedrichshafen.
Bodensee-Radweg-Service GmbH (Fritz-Arnold-Str. 16a, Konstanz, 78467. 07531/819–930. www.bodensee-radweg.com.)
Deutsche Zeppelin Reederei (Allmannsweilerstr. 132, Friedrichshafen, 88046. 07541/59000. www.zeppelinflug.de.)
Velotours Touristik GmbH (Bücklestr. 13, Konstanz, 78467. 07531/98280. www.velotours.de.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's