- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
The closest major international airports in Germany are Stuttgart and Frankfurt. Strasbourg, in neighboring French Alsace, and the Swiss border city of Basel, the latter just 70 km (43 mi) from Freiburg, are also reasonably close. An up-and-coming airport is the Baden-Airpark, now known more commonly as Karlsruhe-Baden, near Baden-Baden. It is used by European budget carriers including Ryanair (www.ryanair.com) and Air Berlin (www.airberlin.com), serving short-haul international destinations such as London, Dublin, and Barcelona.
Aeroport International de Strasbourg (00333/8864–6767. www.strasbourg.aeroport.fr.)
EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (0389/9031–11 in France. www.euroairport.com.)
Flughafen Frankfurt Main (01805/372–4636. www.frankfurt-airport.de.)
Flughafen Stuttgart (01805/948–444. www.flughafen-stuttgart.de.)
Karlsruhe-Baden (07229/662–000. www.badenairpark.de.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's