- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Pforzheim is not exactly the attractive place the Romans found at the junction of three rivers, the Nagold, the Enz, and the Würm. Nevertheless the town is considered the "gateway to the Black Forest." World War II almost completely destroyed the city center, and postwar reconstruction is hardly inspired. Pforzheim still owes its prosperity to its role in Europe's jewelry trade and its wristwatch industry. To get a sense of the "Gold City," explore the jewelry shops on streets around Leopoldplatz and the pedestrian area.
Pforzheim at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Black Forest
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's