- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Calw, one of the Black Forest's prettiest towns, is the birthplace of Nobel Prize-winning novelist Hermann Hesse (1877-1962). The town's market square, with its two sparkling fountains surrounded by 18th-century half-timber houses whose sharp gables pierce the sky, is an ideal spot for relaxing, picnicking, or people-watching, especially when it's market time.
Calw at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Black Forest
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's