The Bavarian Alps Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
The Bavarian Alps Restaurant Reviews
Restaurants in Bavaria run the gamut from the casual and gemütlich (cozy) Gasthof to formal gourmet offerings. More-upscale establishments try to maintain a feeling of casual familiarity, but you will probably feel more comfortable at the truly upscale restaurants if you dress up a bit. Note that many restaurants take a break between 2:30 and 6 pm. If you want to eat during these hours, look for the magic words Durchgehend warme Küche, indicating warm food is served throughout the day, possibly snacks during the off-hours. Many restaurants in the region still don't accept credit cards.
Browse The Bavarian Alps Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's