- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
It's easy to bike to Schloss Linderhof (14 km) and to Ettal (4 km) along the scenic paths along the river, where there are several good places to go swimming and have a picnic. The trail to Ettal branches off in the direction of Linderhof (marked as Graswang) where it becomes part of an old forestry road. Take the branch of the Ettal path that goes via the Ettaler-Mühle (Ettal Mill); it's quieter, the river is filled with trout, and the people you meet along the way give a friendly Grüss Gott (Greet God)! The path opens up at a local-heavy restaurant with fantastic views of the Kloster.
Sport-Zentrale Papistock. Sport-Zentrale Papistock rents bikes for €10 per day. They are located across the street from the train station, directly at the trailhead to Ettal and Linderhof. Bahnhofstr. 6a, Oberammergau, 82487. 08822/4178. www.sportzentrale-papistock.de/. Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's