- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
Blomberg. Bad Tölz's local mountain, the Blomberg, 3 km (2 mi) west of town, has moderately difficult ski runs and can also be tackled on a toboggan in winter and on a luge in summer. The winter run of 5 km (3 mi) is the longest in Bavaria. The concrete summer luge-run snakes 3,938 feet down the mountain and is great fun; you'll want the three-ride ticket. A ski-lift ride to the start of the run and toboggan or roller luge are included in the price. Bad Tölz. 08041/3726. www.blombergbahn.de. Winter tobogganing depends on weather but from around Nov., daily 9–4; warm months, summer toboggan run daily 10–4; check website for skiiing.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's