Sights & Attractions in Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Things to Do in Erfurt
The Domplatz is bordered by houses dating from the 16th century...
The area around the bridge, crisscrossed with old streets lined...
|Historic Districts / Sites||Erfurt|
Behind the predominantly neo-Gothic Rathaus you'll find Erfurt's...
|Bridges / Tunnels||Erfurt|
The Mariendom is reached by way of a broad staircase from the...
On the A-4 between Dresden and Erfurt lies the picture-perfect...
St. Augustin Kloster
The young Martin Luther studied the liberal arts as well as law...
The Gothic church of St. Severus has an extraordinary font, a...
Erfurt's main transportation hub and pedestrian zone, the Anger...
|Neighborhoods / Streets||Erfurt|
Erfurt's interesting local-history museum is in a late-Renaissance...
|Houses / Mansions||Erfurt|
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $78-$86 -- Berlin: Central Suite Hotel thru Summer, 40% Off Suite Novotel Berlin City Potsdamer Platz
- Northern Germany Experience IExplore
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
- Gems of Germany North IExplore
- Southern Germany Experience — $4,104 IExplore