Sights & Attractions in Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Things to Do in Meissen
The story of Meissen porcelain actually began high above Old Meissen...
|Castles / Palaces||Meissen|
Near the Frauenkirche, the Altes Brauhaus dates to 1460 and is...
The city's medieval past is recounted in the museum of this former...
|Museums / Galleries||Meissen|
A set of porcelain bells at the late-Gothic Frauenkirche, on...
Near the porcelain works, this church holds the largest set of...
Staatliche Porzellan–Manufaktur Meissen
Outgrowing its castle workshop in the mid-19th century, today's...
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
* Some taxes, fees additional