Sights & Attractions in Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Fodor's Choice Sights in Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia
Dresden's Church of Our Lady, completed in 1743, was one of the...
Goethe spent 57 years in Weimar, 47 of them in a house two blocks...
|Museums / Galleries||Weimar|
Within Lutherhhaus is the Augustinian monastery where Martin...
In 1517 the indignant Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses attacking...
Bach was choirmaster at this Gothic church for 27 years, and...
Begun in 1067 (and expanded through the centuries), the mighty...
|Castles / Palaces||Eisenach|
Dresden's magnificent baroque showpiece is entered by way of...
|Museums / Galleries||Dresden|
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $78-$86 -- Berlin: Central Suite Hotel thru Summer, 40% Off Suite Novotel Berlin City Potsdamer Platz
- Northern Germany Experience IExplore
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
- Gems of Germany North IExplore
- Southern Germany Experience — $4,104 IExplore