Sights & Attractions in Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Fodor's Choice Sights in Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia
This masterpiece of baroque church architecture was completed...
Goethe spent 57 years in Weimar, 47 of them in a house two blocks...
|Museums / Galleries||Weimar|
Behind the predominantly neo-Gothic Rathaus, Erfurt's most outstanding...
|Bridges / Tunnels||Erfurt|
Within Lutherhhaus is the Augustinian monastery where Martin...
In 1517 an indignant Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses, which...
Bach was choirmaster at this Gothic church for 27 years, and...
Begun in 1067 (and expanded through the centuries), this mighty...
|Castles / Palaces||Eisenach|
Dresden's magnificent baroque showpiece is entered by way of...
|Museums / Galleries||Dresden|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
* Some taxes, fees additional