St. Marien Kirche (St. Mary's Church)
St. Marien Kirche (St. Mary's Church) Review
In 1225 the Thuringian count Ludwig IV erected the St. Marien Kirche as a triple-naved basilica and the only church within the city walls. The coquina limestone building, which resembles the cathedral in Naumburg, was renovated in the 15th century into its current form as a single-hall structure. The great carved altarpiece also dates from the 15th century and the baptistery from 1592.
View deals in Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More