Naumburg's historic market square lies strategically at the intersection of two medieval trade routes. Although the market burned in 1517, it was painstakingly rebuilt in Renaissance and baroque styles.
Kaysersches Haus. Supported by seven Gothic gables, the Kaysersches Haus has a carved oak doorway from the Renaissance. Markt 10, D–06618.
Rathaus. Naumburg's town hall, rebuilt in 1523, incorporates the remnants of the original building destroyed by fire. Markt 1, D–06618.
Schlösschen. The Schlösschen houses the offices of Naumburg's first and only Protestant bishop, Nikolaus von Amsdorf, who was consecrated by Martin Luther in 1542. Markt 2, D–06618.
View deals in Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More