- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Naumburg's historic market square lies strategically at the intersection of two medieval trade routes. Although the market burned in 1517, it was painstakingly rebuilt in Renaissance and baroque styles.
Rathaus. Naumburg's town hall, rebuilt in 1523, incorporates the remnants of the original building destroyed by fire. Markt 1, D–06618.
Kaysersches Haus. Supported by seven Gothic gables, the Kaysersches Haus has a carved oak doorway from the Renaissance. Markt 10, D–06618.
Schlösschen. The Schlösschen houses the offices of Naumburg's first and only Protestant bishop, Nikolaus von Amsdorf, who was consecrated by Martin Luther in 1542. Markt 2, D–06618.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Are there any flea markets worth seeing in Berlin Monday- Thursday? Read more
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
We are planning a 9-10 day trip at the end of September 2014 for our first anniversary ( travel included) . Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more