- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Naumburg's historic Marktplatz lies strategically at the intersection of two medieval trade routes. Although the market burned in 1517, it was painstakingly rebuilt in Renaissance and baroque styles.
Rathaus. Naumburg's Rathaus was rebuilt in 1523, incorporating the remnants of the building destroyed by fire. Markt 1, Naumburg, D-06618.
Kaysersches Haus. The Kaysersches Haus is supported by seven Gothic gables and has a carved oak doorway from the Renaissance. Markt 10, Naumburg, D-06618.
Schlösschen. The Schlösschen houses the offices of Naumburg's first and only Protestant bishop, Nikolaus von Amsdorf, who was consecrated by Martin Luther in 1542. Markt 2, Naumburg, D-06618.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3-Star Alt-Connewitz Fr $93+/Nt Hotels.com
- Ibis Leipzig West on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $59+/Nt Expedia
- Save $$ in Leipzig: Book Fr $71+/Nt — $71 Save with Hotels.com, $18/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Zum Abschlepphof Fr $93+/Nt — $93 Expedia
- 4-Star Mercure Leipzig Am Johannisplatz Fr $118+/Nt — $118 Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
We just returned from a relatively quick eight-day holiday break to Berlin, Dresden and Prague and are trying to get going on a trip report while things are still fresh in mind.
I’ve Read more
I've been daydreaming about Germany, and am trying to come up with a 3-4 day itinerary for a way future summer trip to the Rhine River region, assuming all public transportation (no car rental)
Day 1: Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more