- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Naumburg's historic market square lies strategically at the intersection of two medieval trade routes. Although the market burned in 1517, it was painstakingly rebuilt in Renaissance and baroque styles.
Rathaus. Naumburg's town hall, rebuilt in 1523, incorporates the remnants of the original building destroyed by fire. Markt 1, D–06618.
Kaysersches Haus. Supported by seven Gothic gables, the Kaysersches Haus has a carved oak doorway from the Renaissance. Markt 10, D–06618.
Schlösschen. The Schlösschen houses the offices of Naumburg's first and only Protestant bishop, Nikolaus von Amsdorf, who was consecrated by Martin Luther in 1542. Markt 2, D–06618.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi I am planning a 45 day holiday. Read more
Two farm kid high school sweethearts celebrate 35 years of marriage in Europe. Read more
I would like to make a day trip from Frankfurt to Bamberg on December 19 (Thursday).
1. What is the least expensive option for train travel for 1 person? Can I purchase a regular ticket to Kahl and a Baye Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more