Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia Hotel Reviews
Hotels in eastern Germany are up to international standards and, due to economic subsidies in the 1990s, often far outshine their West German counterparts. In the East it's quite normal to have a major international hotel in a 1,000-year-old house or restored mansion. Smaller and family-run hotels are more charming local options, and often include a good restaurant. Most big hotels offer special weekend or activity-oriented packages that aren't found in the western part of the country. All hotels include breakfast, unless indicated otherwise.
During the trade fairs and shows of the Leipziger Messe, particularly in March and April, most Leipzig hotels increase their prices.
Browse Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia Hotels
- Grand Hotel Russischer Hof
- Hotel Elephant
- Hotel Fürstenhof Leipzig
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's