- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Dresden is two hours from Berlin on the Hamburg-Berlin-Prague-Vienna train line. The city's international airport serves mostly European destinations with budget airlines. The newly completed Norman Foster train station is a short walk along the Prager Strasse from the city center. Streetcars are cheap and efficient.
Dresden bus tours (in German and English, run by the Dresdner Verkehrsbetriebe) leave from Postplatz daily at 10, 11:30, and 3; the Stadtrundfahrt Dresden bus tours (also in German and English) leave from Theaterplatz/Augustusbrücke (April-October, daily 9:30-5, every 30 minutes; November-March, daily 10-3, every hour) and stop at most sights.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 4-Star DORMERO Konigshof Dresden Fr $267+/Nt Save with Expedia, $172/night less
- Book 4-Star Elbflorenz Dresden Fr $144+/Nt Save with Expedia, $34/night less
- Book in Dresden: Save at the Hilton Dresden in May Fr $249+/Nt — $249 Save with Expedia, $115/night less
- 3.5-Star Regency International Leipzig Fr $52+/Nt — $52 Hotels.com
- $121 & Up: Lindner Leipzig 4-Star Hotel in Leipzig — $121 Expedia