- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
With its futuristic architecture, Munich's 2009-finished Central Bus Terminal (ZOB) means that many excursions and longer trips are now centralized five minutes from the main train station. As well as numerous shops and banks, travel firms offer bus tickets and destination advice at the ZOB.
Touring Eurolines buses arrive at and depart from the ZOB. Check their excellent Web site for trips to Neuschwanstein and the Romantic Road.
Central Bus Station Munich (Hackerbrücke, Ludwigvorstadt, Munich, 80355. ZOB is about 800 m from the main station along Arnulfstrasse; if traveling by S-bahn, it's adjacent to Hackerbrücke S-bahn station. 089/4520–9890. www.muenchen-zob.de.)
Touring Eurolines (DTG-Ticket-Center München, Hackerbrücke 4, ZOB, Ludwigvorstadt, Munich, 80335. 089/8898–9513. www.eurolines.de.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe