Much of the work on Munich's first town hall was done in the 15th century, though it had various alterations through the centuries. Its great hall—destroyed in 1943–45 but now fully restored—was the work of great architect Jörg von Halspach. Postwar the tower was rebuilt as it looked in the 15th century and now it's used for official receptions and is not usually open to the public. The tower provides a fairy-tale-like setting for the Spielzeugmuseum (Toy Museum), accessible via a winding staircase. Its toys, dolls, and teddy bears are on display, with a collection of Barbies from the United States.
Marienpl. 15, Munich, 80331, Germany