- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Even in a medium-size city such as Munich, it's not difficult to escape the hustle and bustle of the tourist hotspots. A short four- or five-minute walk from Marienplatz can take you to Dukatz, where you can enjoy a drink at the well-stocked bar or in the pleasant courtyard of the Schäfflerhof, part of the Fünf Höfe, the upscale shopping mall in the center of Munich between Schäfflerstraße, Weinstrasse and Maffeistrasse. Move one floor up from the bistro for dinner at the upscale restaurant, where starters might include mussels with orange and rocket, and you may be tempted with a Bavarian entrecôte with glazed cherry tomatoes and young spinach as a main. The fish menu changes daily.
- Address: Schäfflerhof (in the Fünf Höfe), Maffeistr. 3a, City Center, Munich, 80333 | Map It
- Phone: 089/7104-07373
- Website: www.dukatz.de
- Metro Marienplatz (U-bahn and S-bahn ).
- Location: City Center
- Credit cards accepted.
- Restaurant closed Sun. (bar-bistro open daily).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- German Holidays! Flights to Munich From 585 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Schweiz Fr $200+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Munich for Less: Hotels Fr $108+/Nt Travelocity
- 4-Star Munich Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1313 Expedia
- 8 Nt Cruise on Sale: See Munich Fr $2,669 Expedia
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
We just returned from a relatively quick eight-day holiday break to Berlin, Dresden and Prague and are trying to get going on a trip report while things are still fresh in mind.
I’ve Read more
I've been daydreaming about Germany, and am trying to come up with a 3-4 day itinerary for a way future summer trip to the Rhine River region, assuming all public transportation (no car rental)
Day 1: Read more
· News & Features
It may be too late to book it to Munich for Oktoberfest this year, but this insider's guide to all things... Read more
Spring is in the air and summer vacation is just on the horizon, making it prime time for travel rewards... Read more
Celebrate the 200th anniversary of the German beer garden all summer in Munich.... Read more