Münzhof (Mint) Review
Originally built between 1563 and 1567, the ground floor was home to Duke Albrecht V's stables, the second to living quarters for the servants, and the third for the ducal collection of high art and curiosities (6,000 pieces by 1600). Between 1809 and 1983 it was home to the Bavarian mint, and a neoclassical facade, with allegories to copper, silver, and gold, was added in 1808–09. Today, with its slightly garish green exterior on three sides, it can appear to be little more than the slightly undistinguished home to the Bavarian Land Bureau for the Conservation of Historic Monuments. But step inside the inner arcade to see a jewel of German Renaissance architecture.