- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Despite the slightly dramatic exterior, which is adorned by three concrete animals, few restaurants in Germany can match Tantris. Select the menu of the day and accept the suggestions of the sommelier or choose from the à la carte options and you'll be in for a treat, for example: variation of char with marinated white asparagus and orange hollandaise, followed by roast lamb fillets with spinach, beans and fennel-curry puree, superbly complemented by stuffed semolina dumpling with raspberries and curd cheese ice cream. It surprises few that head chef Hans Haas has kept his restaurant at the top of the critics' charts in Munich for so long.
- Address: Johann-Fichte-Str. 7, Schwabing, Munich, 80805 | Map It
- Phone: 089/3619590
- Website: www.tantris.de
- Metro Münchener Freiheit (U-bahn).
- Location: Schwabing and Maxvorstadt
- Jacket and tie.
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., Mon., and bank holidays.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
My wife and I took our once in a lifetime trip to Europe and just got back. Read more
Well, eastern Deutschland anyway. Read more
So those that have been with me from the start you will already know some of this but for those that don't here we go:
In June I am travelling to Europe with my two children (2 & 4) for 4/5weeks with Read more
· News & Features
It may be too late to book it to Munich for Oktoberfest this year, but this insider's guide to all things... Read more
Spring is in the air and summer vacation is just on the horizon, making it prime time for travel rewards... Read more
Celebrate the 200th anniversary of the German beer garden all summer in Munich.... Read more