- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Don't be fooled as you cross the threshold of the dour and unremarkable-looking postwar Hotel Königshof. The contrast with the opulent interior is remarkable. From a window table in this elegant and luxurious restaurant in one of Munich's grand hotels, you can watch the hustle and bustle of Munich's busiest square, Karlsplatz, below. You'll forget the outside world, however, when you taste the outstanding French- and Japanese-influenced dishes created by Michelin-starred chef Martin Fauster, former sous-chef at Tantris. Ingredients are fresh and menus change often, but you might see lobster with fennel and candied ginger, or venison with goose liver and celery, and for dessert, flambéed peach with champagne ice cream. Service is expert and personal; let the sommelier help you choose from the fantastic wine selection.
- Address: Karlspl. 25, City Center, Munich, 80335 | Map It
- Phone: 089/551–360
- Website: www.koenigshof-hotel.de
- Metro Karlsplatz (U-bahn and S-bahn).
- Location: City Center
- Jacket and tie.
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed 1st wk in Aug–1st wk in Sept.; Closed Jan.–Sept. Sun. and Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Early in 2014, DH learned that he might be making several overseas business trips in the next few months; we decided if one was during my March week-long break from teaching and we could get a seat with Read more
Hello all -
I will be embarking on a eurotrip this July and I am in the act of booking all of the lodging accommodations. Read more
· News & Features
It may be too late to book it to Munich for Oktoberfest this year, but this insider's guide to all things ... Read more
Spring is in the air and summer vacation is just on the horizon, making it prime time for travel rewards... Read more
Celebrate the 200th anniversary of the German beer garden all summer in Munich.... Read more