- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Gästehaus am Englischen Garten
At a Glance
- quiet location
- ideal for walking or cycling
- wonderfully cozy rooms
- no elevator
- no restaurant
- you have to go to their partner hotel, around the corner, for free Internet access
Gästehaus am Englischen Garten Review
Reserve well in advance for a room at this popular converted water mill, more than 300 years old, adjoining the English Garden. The hotel is only a five-minute walk from the bars, shops, and restaurants of Schwabing. Be sure to ask for one of the 12 nostalgically old-fashioned rooms in the main building, which has a garden on an island in the old millrace; a modern annex down the road has 13 apartments, all with cooking facilities. In summer, breakfast is served on the terrace of the main house. There is free Internet access at their partner hotel, the Biederstein around the corner.
- Address: Liebergesellstr. 8, Schwabing, Munich, 80802 | Map It
- Phone: 089/383–9410
- Website: www.hotelenglischergarten.de
- Metro Münchner Freiheit (U-bahn).
- Location: Schwabing and Maxvorstadt
- 12 rooms, 6 with bath or shower; 13 apartments.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Two farm kid high school sweethearts celebrate 35 years of marriage in Europe. Read more
I attended the opening of the Nuremberg Christkindlsmarkt yesterday evening. Read more
Is it customary to leave a gratuity for the chambermaids in Europe? Read more
· News & Features
It may be too late to book it to Munich for Oktoberfest this year, but this insider's guide to all things... Read more
Spring is in the air and summer vacation is just on the horizon, making it prime time for travel rewards... Read more
Celebrate the 200th anniversary of the German beer garden all summer in Munich.... Read more