- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Gästehaus am Englischen Garten
At a Glance
- quiet location
- ideal for walking or cycling
- wonderfully cozy rooms
- no elevator
- no restaurant
Gästehaus am Englischen Garten Review
Reserve well in advance for a room at this popular converted water mill, more than 300 years old, adjoining the English Garden. The hotel is only a five-minute walk from the bars, shops, and restaurants of Schwabing. Be sure to ask for one of the 12 nostalgically old-fashioned rooms in the main building, which has a garden on an island in the old millrace; a modern annex down the road has 13 apartments, all with cooking facilities. In summer, breakfast is served on the terrace of the main house. There is free Internet access at their partner hotel, the Biederstein around the corner.
- Address: Liebergesellstr. 8, Schwabing, Munich, 80802 | Map It
- Phone: 089/3839410
- Website: www.hotelenglischergarten.de
- Metro Münchner Freiheit (U-bahn).
- Location: Schwabing and Maxvorstadt
- 12 rooms, 6 with bath or shower; 13 apartments.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
My wife and I took our once in a lifetime trip to Europe and just got back. Read more
Well, eastern Deutschland anyway. Read more
So those that have been with me from the start you will already know some of this but for those that don't here we go:
In June I am travelling to Europe with my two children (2 & 4) for 4/5weeks with Read more
· News & Features
It may be too late to book it to Munich for Oktoberfest this year, but this insider's guide to all things... Read more
Spring is in the air and summer vacation is just on the horizon, making it prime time for travel rewards... Read more
Celebrate the 200th anniversary of the German beer garden all summer in Munich.... Read more