- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Gästehaus am Englischen Garten
At a Glance
- quiet location
- ideal for walking or cycling
- wonderfully cozy rooms
- no elevator
- no restaurant
- you have to go to their partner hotel, around the corner, for free Internet access
Check Rates from our Partners
Gästehaus am Englischen Garten Review
Reserve well in advance for a room at this popular converted water mill, more than 300 years old, adjoining the English Garden. The hotel is only a five-minute walk from the bars, shops, and restaurants of Schwabing. Be sure to ask for one of the 12 nostalgically old-fashioned rooms in the main building, which has a garden on an island in the old millrace; a modern annex down the road has 13 apartments, all with cooking facilities. In summer, breakfast is served on the terrace of the main house. There is free Internet access at their partner hotel, the Biederstein around the corner.
- Address: Liebergesellstr. 8, Schwabing, Munich, 80802 | Map It
- Phone: 089/383–9410
- Website: www.hotelenglischergarten.de
- Metro Münchner Freiheit (U-bahn).
- Location: Schwabing and Maxvorstadt
- 12 rooms, 6 with bath or shower; 13 apartments.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Our 40th Anniversary Trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 3, Trains
We used the Deutche Bahn (DB) rail system throughout our vacation. Read more
We are planning on traveling to Europe at the end of June for around 21 days, would like to visit as many cities as possible, thinking on arriving to Frankfurt then taking a train or driving to Prague from Read more
· News & Features
It may be too late to book it to Munich for Oktoberfest this year, but this insider's guide to all things ... Read more
Spring is in the air and summer vacation is just on the horizon, making it prime time for travel rewards... Read more
Celebrate the 200th anniversary of the German beer garden all summer in Munich.... Read more